A Day in May

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Don't eat there.

I just had the worst lunch ever.

One of my coworkers is leaving, so about twenty of us went out to a local restaurant for her 'last lunch'. As we pull in, we realize it's attached to a strip joint, so I figured right off the bat that there wasn't going to be any five-star chef heading up the place.

I ordered fish and chips. The other regular stuff on the menu just didn't appeal to me, and with my food allergies I wasn't about to try something different.

First off, it took forever for the food to get there. Then when she put my fish down in front of me, I noticed the top of it was a bit overcooked. I flipped it over with my fork, and the underside was charred. I called the waitress back, and told her this was just a little but too burnt for me. She looked surprised, but took it back anyways. (And I HATE sending food back. I've heard way too many horror stories about what cooks do to the person's next dish when they send the first one back.) Anyway, I got the next round of fish, and it was cooked fine, but I really was concerned about what the cook might have done, and I really didn't feel like eating it.

The desert menu got passed around, and I thought I'd treat myself to something. I picked a chocolate brownie cake thing with 'creamy chocolate mousse' in the middle, a brownie bottom, and a fluffy cake top layer. The bottom layer, the brownie part, was rock hard. Tasted stale. The middle part? The 'creamy chocolate mousse'?? Frozen. The top fluffy cake layer was almost non-existent.

On top of my crappy food, some of us had things on our bills the waitress had to correct, and she had a helluva time figuring out which bill belonged to which person. I really don't think I'll be eating there again. I'm still glad I went, because the girl that is leaving rocks, and I hate to see her go, and I would've gone anywhere for lunch on her behalf, but it kind of irks me that I paid $20 to have a crappy lunch. I have better things to spend my money on.

(Good luck Jill! Stay in touch!!)

1 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Ew, I hate going places where the food is bad. Even if the dessert had been all right, it's usually too rich on an empty stomach. That's too bad about your meal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?