A Day in May

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Incredible.

Pow Wow Grand Entry

What an absolutely fantastic day. We went to the biggest PowWow I've EVER been to! Ok, so this is only my second, but it was huge. And incredible. It was at the Skydome, er, I mean the 'Rogers Centre'. We got there before the Grand Entry and did a bit of shopping and then I hiked up to the high seats that overlooked the area where the Grand Entry would be. The drummers started, and I could feel it in my feet. I LOVE drum circles. I was so caught up in the drumming and singing, I barely remembered to take pictures.

Pow Wow Grand Entry
(Click on these pictures. They really do look better bigger.)

I could watch them dance for days. The colours, the music, the singing. They way they just DANCE, without a care. It was nice to see even our RCMP, in full gear, dancing a bit as they walked the processional.


Pow Wow Grand Entry

Now, not only was the Festival incredible, but spending the day with my inlaws was great. We see them a lot, but usually at their house. It's always so nice when we can get out and do stuff together. I'm *very* lucky that I got the inlaws I did. Oh, and the husband. I'm lucky I got him too.

2 Comments:

At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"feeling the music through your feet" would be totally awesome. Pictures are incredible. Looks like it was wonderful! Soooo glad you had a good time.

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you had such a good time! Aren't powwows amazing?

And it's good you get along with your in-laws so well...Steve's parents are both deceased but my ex-husband's parents detested me - and the feeling was mutual, ugh. Doesn't make for a very happy life, having such animosity between in-laws. So you are VERY lucky :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?