A Day in May

Sunday, December 04, 2005

I'm not quite ready

for the weekend to be done with. I mean, wow, it went fast. Yesterday we got up early and headed out to the Christkindl Market downtown, where we looked at crafts, and bought some of my favourite german cookies and some smoked pork chops. Then we stopped at a dollar store, where I filled a huge gift bag with sticker and activity books, cars, a yo-yo, silly putty, plastic reptiles, and a bunch of other stuff for my nephew. He's (finally) potty-trained, so we wanted to bring him a gift for being such a big boy. He was pretty excited.

IMG_0514.JPG
He horsed around with Mike for a while, and my brother and I talked about more plans for the house. He's going to be doing the majority of the reno work on our house, so we went over some details. On a whim, we decided to take our oldest nephew to the fire station, which we think he thoroughly enjoyed.

Wearing a Captain's helmet
We got the kid dropped off and headed back home to shower and change. We had plans with friends. First, a stop at one couple's new apartment, where we had drinks and munchies, then we headed out to a *fantastic* restaurant for dinner. I love this restaurant. It's expensive, but not ostentatious. It's busy and loud, but not disruptive. We were seated at 8:00, (after our coats were taken and hung!) and we didn't leave until 10:30. There was no waitress standing over us pushing to get us out of our seats. Everyone enjoyed their food, we had desserts and coffee, and fantastic conversation. They have a really nice New Year's Eve dinner, and I'm almost thinking about booking it.

Today was grocery shopping, and then we headed to the appliance store to put more money down on the appliances we're buying for the house. We actually found a fridge on clearance that we like so much better than the one we orignally picked, so we switched that out, too.

We drove by our new house again. It's hard to believe that we still have to wait a month before it's really and truly ours.



Now I'm home, cooking and cleaning, and gearing up for the work week. Mike is heading out to play hockey shortly and I'm going to make sure I'll my has-to-get-done stuff is done by nine, so I can flake out and watch Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy.

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

6 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Congrats on your new house Jenn!!! I know exactly what you mean about apartment living. . . IT SUCKS!!!

Once you are in your new place, you'll find no end of projects and possibilities. At least that's how it works for me.

Best of luck to you. . .

BTW: You are also right about your readers. . . IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!!!

Stop by and get to know the crazy folks I blog with. . .

Lauren

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

I haven't been to Solé, but there is a restaurant here that is owned by the same guy. It's been a long-time favourite of ours.

It's nice to see a picture of your new house-to-be.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Karen,

They own the Blackshop too, right? I've never been there, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE that restaurant. I've eaten there 3 times and each time the food was delicious and the atmosphere great.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Sock Monty said...

I like the picture of the pile of monkeys, er, people. Good picture!

And it's wonderful you are getting a house. My Mum wants & needs a house someday soon. You are lucky!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Sorry it took me a little while to get back here and find your question. Yes, the Blackshop. That's the original. I've never had a bad meal there. (And I've been there way too many times to count.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?