A Day in May

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

How do morning people do it?

(Right now, I'm at the Saturn dealership, getting an oil change done on my car. Thank the gods for laptops!)

I have realized I will need to change my schedule a bit. I will have to start waking up much earlier than I do now if I want to get the snow shovelled before work once we move. Plus, I will be able to do things like laundry in the morning, and start making a proper breakfast for once.

.....oooh, mind just wandered. There's a *sweet* SAAB in the showroom right beside me, and I can't seem to stop looking at it.

Ok, anyway. As I was saying. Right now I get up at about 6:30, and I leave for work by 7:15.

I can leave at the same time at the new house, because it's only a couple more minutes away, and I only have to go out of the house and down the driveway. Now, in this stupid apartment, I lose a few minutes just going down the elevator and into the underground garage. Mind you, I will have to brush off the car if it's snowy, but I can do that while the dog is doing her morning business.

All this getting up early means I will have to go to bed earlier. That is going to be the hard part. I don't sleep well. I need a bit of time to wind down. I try to be done all my 'chores' by nine so I can just surf or flake out before bed, and let myself wind down slowly. If I have to start winding down at 9 now, how friggin' early am I going to have to start winding down if I want to get up at 5?? Gah.

You know, part of the answer is dealing with how much time I spend on this bloody machine. I zone out here for way too long sometimes. I think I will need to actually set a specific time for internetting, and stick to it.

(yes, internetting. What??)

I think I might start now, and try to get in the habit before we move. I'll just start getting up earlier and earlier, until I'm at my goal.

And I think I might also cry a lot during this transition.

1 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

It was quite a while ago, but I remember the transition from underground parking to driveway parking. Yeah, the whole "cleaning off the car" thing can take some time. It helps if you're not a perfectionist. Unfortunately, I am.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?