A Day in May

Thursday, January 12, 2006

House stuff....again.

I spoke to a friend yesterday, and uttered the sentence "The electrician will be in next week, and we need to call the plumber again, and then I still need estimates from an interior decorator." I felt all pompous and uppity. I never thought I'd have to hire so many people to work on my house.

I'm spending lots of my internet time here, lately. If you can think of doing it, they'll have an article on it. As much as I'm hiring the above people, it's only because so much of this stuff has to meet code, or be done by licenced/registered people. I still read all the articles I can, though. It's like when you take your car in, I read as much as I can first, so that I know what the mechanic is talking about, and he won't be too quick to swindle me if I am educated about what he's doing.

I'm taking tomorrow off, so I can be at the house all day. I'm heading there straight after work tonight, and get to do my laundry in my new washer and dryer!! (oh, how domestic am I, that such a thing would make me so happy...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?