A Day in May

Sunday, January 08, 2006

All painted out

I love our new neighbourhood. Within a couple hours of being at the new house on Saturday, the guy next door came and introduced himself, five kids came to ask if we had kids who could come out and play, and every other neighbour who walked by waved at us. Today while we were out shovelling, a guy from down the block came and said hello while he walked his dog. Then today, when we needed some emergency plumbing help (more on that later), my brother called a friend of his to come over and help, and he lives seven houses down.

My arms feel like they're going to fall clean out of their sockets. I washed and primed (primered?) walls for most of the day. This week I have to go over a there a couple nights and steam the border off the wallpaper, and all the stupid sticky paper on all the closet shelves. Next weekend, more painting.

But for now, time to crash. Hope you all had a good weekend.

1 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, Blogger Sock Monty said...

You are so lucky! I am very happy for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?