A Day in May

Monday, November 07, 2005

Jebediah


Jebediah
Originally uploaded by Jenn W.

We lost a member of our family today. One of our rescue rats, Jebediah, died this morning. He was terribly cute, but one of the meanest rats I've ever had. We got him off the 'adoption' table at PetSmart, and he was mean even then. He came with a 'no return' policy. The previous owner was a kid who was apparently pretty rough with him. We hoped we'd be able to settle hiim down, but it just never happened. We still loved him, though.

Mike has buried him in the back yard with our other little critters who have passed.

3 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Aw, that’s so sad about Jebediah. But it sounds like you and your husband made the mean little critter’s final days happy ones.

Thanks for visiting my blog, Jenn! It was nice “meeting” you! :-)

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Ditto my thanks!

I was just wondering how well cats and rats cohabit. Seems like a strange combination. Maybe I've been watching too many Sylvester cartoons. ;-)

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Sock Monty said...

My condolences. Even the littlest, or meanest, creatures have meaning in our lives, and are deserving of love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?