A Day in May

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Drop-ins

I had a little surprise at lunchtime.

I was just getting ready to go back to work, and the phone rings. It's my lobby, and when I answer, I hear a voice say "That must be you, I'd recognize that voice anywhere."

Huh?

I ask who it is, while simultaneously flipping on the TV to check the security monitor. He says "Don't you know?"

All I can see is the back of a head. I ask again who it is, and he says "I can't believe you can't remember!"

Yeah, dude, it's not that I can't *remember*, but you sound like you are on a McDonald's speakerphone, and I'm not quite prepared to play guessing games and identify you by the top of your damn head.

"Seriously, who is this? I can't hear you well and I'm on my way out. What do you want?"

Finally, he says "It's SomeguyIknew20yearsago!!"

Are you kidding me?

I say "Are you kidding me?"

The he turns a bit, and I see him. It is indeed some guy I knew twenty effin' years ago.

He says "I was flipping through the phone book, and saw your name."

So as I'm in serious disbelief, I just say "Dude, then call my actual *phone number* some time to say hi, ok? I'm on my way out."

Then he starts to tell me he owns his own company, and

--------
BEEP
--------

the lobby phone cuts him off.

Well, I can't exactly call the lobby back, so I watch on the security monitor as he blabs at NOTHING for a couple more seconds, gives a wave to the intercom panel, and walks out.

So. Crazy.

1 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Proud Mum said...

Crazy? yes. And a little creepy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?