A Day in May

Monday, April 04, 2005

Money from the Government!

I didn't get any of my GST rebates last year, although I was entitled to some. I thought about calling Revenue Canada, but actually just never did. I only thought about it during rebate time, which was three times last year, so as much as it was money owed to me, by the government, no less, I kept forgetting about it.

I figured I'd call today. I had an hour I could spend on the phone on hold if I had to. The office is quiet, so I could have just put the speakerphone on and waited. Well, shock of all shocks, there was no need to prepare myself. I was barely on hold for ten seconds when a real live person answered. At tax time, no less! I explained that I hadn't got any GST rebates all year, and he said they should be coming to me in one lump sum. 'Check your bank account tomorrow', he said.

That was it.

That was just too easy. Why am I so suspicious??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?