A Day in May

Friday, February 03, 2006

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

The Good:
The move is DONE. No more apartments.
I love my house.
My animals are so bloody relaxed at the house. They love it.
I love having a washer and dryer right at my disposal.
I've got room to cook and bake now.
Bell came and fixed six phone jacks that the last people had wrecked. It was free because I had wire care, but would have cost me over $300 had I not.
The dog is in her glory, having her own little yard.
So are we, as it's a breeze now to let her out to do her business.
I got a postcard from Beth! My first non-payable piece of mail at the new house.

The Bad:
Still lots to do, like more painting, changing some taps, installing light fixtures.
Our internet connection sucks, because of our old lines. May switch to cable internet.
Cell phone reception in the house SUCKS.
We still have no curtains.
Boxes are *everywhere*. It's going to take me forever to unpack.
The dog barks at *everything* now. Sitting in that front window, yapping her head off.

The Ugly:
The old chest freezer died, probably because of the move. It was full, and we lost EVERYTHING.
Things in the kitchen rattle when the bus stops at the stop sign behind us.
There was another big crack in the foundation, and more water leaked in.
Can you say 'broke'? Our bank accounts are taking a big beating.
My asthma is so bad right now (probably stress-related) I'm only sleeping a bit at night, sporadically in between coughing fits. I've been off work half the week.


That's your update, for now. I've been SO damn busy, as you can well imagine. What have I missed around here?? How are YOU??

1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

So sorry to hear about the "Bad" and the "Ugly", but the "Good" stuff is great for you.

It's my understanding that cell phone reception is poor in any house (or at least most houses) but I am prepared to be corrected on that.

I can highly recommend cable internet.

It's nice to get an update from you. Hope your asthma gets better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?