A Day in May

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Appliance meltdown

I broke our dishwasher last night.

I was loading it up, and heard an odd clunk when I put something in the top rack, and then the rack seemed uneven. I looked inside, but couldn't see if it had come off the rails.

I pulled out the bottom rack, tossed the dinner dishes in, pushed the rack in, and closed the door.

*CLUNK*

*PING*

I backed away.

Then the dishwasher creaked, the door slowly opened and the top rack came rolling out. Then the bottom rack. And then a screw fell off from somewhere. One more big THUNK and the damn thing tilted in it's little cubbyhole.

Mike was downstairs painting, and wasn't witness to the meltdown, so I emptied the whole dishwasher, closed and locked the dishwasher door, and went to get him.

He came up and took a look. It had come off one of it's supports underneath, so he just had to reset it and rescrew the bolts back in at the top.

*WHEW* Quick fix, thank goodness.

I was a little worried there for a minute I'd be subject to slave labour until it was fixed.

2 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Was it orginally installed by the do-it-yourselfers of dangerous basement lighting fixtures fame?

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

heh, yes, Karen, it was. But I think the meltdown blames lands on our electrician. He had to re-wire it, and I guess he didn't put it back in properly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?